Affiliate Disclaimer: All products and services featured are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Replacing floors is a complicated and messy endeavor. You’ll want a seasoned professional to handle the project. Floor Coverings International (FCI) aims to provide a personalized process when designing a custom floor for your home.
Does the company genuinely strike a balance between personable, local customer service, and high-quality international materials? Learn what Floor Coverings International has to offer with our in-depth review.
Fast Facts About Floor Coverings International
- Founded: 1988
- State Availability: 36 (not available in Alaska, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming)
- Services Available: Consultation, design, and installation
- Floor Materials Available: Carpet, ceramic tile, hardwood, laminate, natural stone, and vinyl
Floor Coverings International Reviews
We analyzed Floor Coverings International’s Google reviews for its Atlanta location and found that it had a staggeringly positive reputation. Only one review was lower than three stars, which mentioned the project’s finishing details were of poor quality. Most reviews mention the company’s professionalism, high-quality work, support, and cost-effective options.
What Homeowners Say About Floor Coverings International
Below is a sample of reviews we analyzed:
“I love my new upstairs carpet and bathroom floor! The team was extremely responsive and professional. They made several trips to my home before the project to help me make the best selection for our home. Thank you FCI!” —Kyla Ray via Google
“The whole process was fantastic from end to end. For someone like me, who has no decorating skills, they assisted me in picking out both flooring I liked and went with my current decor. From the beginning to the end … communication was great, scheduling was quick and easy, and the work was done well. When there were small issues, they were quickly fixed. Could not recommend any higher!” —Jeff Kramer via Google
“Installers did an excellent job. They completed the job in a timely manner and cleaned up any debris. The price quoted was exactly what I paid, and [FCI] followed up after the job was completed to see if I was satisfied before a final invoice was sent. Great customer service.” —Deb MD via Google
“Unfortunately, I was not satisfied with the end result of the staircase vinyl flooring project. The finishing details are poor quality, and I was left with issues that I have to resolve on my own. When I chose them over two other companies that had quoted me up to $1500 less for the same project, I thought I was going with the company that would deliver a complete/high-quality service, but that was not the case.” —mirage via Google
Benefits and Drawbacks of Floor Coverings International
Read over some benefits and drawbacks of using FCI below.
Provides in-home consultations to design a custom floor just for your home
Is not available in every state
Offers eco-friendly options
Does not supply cost information online
Includes custom luxury options, such as wood and natural stone
Floor Coverings International State Availability
Floor Coverings International features branches across the United States and a few in Canada. FCI services the following 36 states in some capacity:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Service options may change from ZIP code to ZIP Code. We recommend visiting FCI’s Territories page to see if you fall within its service area. In addition, FCI only provides in-home estimates. Its mobile flooring showrooms are available to customers by appointment only.
Floor Coverings International Offerings
Floor Coverings International offers high-quality flooring materials from various trusted brands across North America and worldwide. The company provides an in-home consultation with a traveling showroom. You can determine the best flooring for your home by reviewing flooring samples and chatting with a design associate. Once you have made your new flooring selections, FCI provides professional flooring installation. The company also follows up to ensure its work meets your flooring needs.
FCI supplies the following types of flooring:
- Carpet: FCI offers more than 250 style and color combinations for carpet installation. With this massive selection, you can find the perfect new carpet according to your home’s aesthetic and your desired price.
- Ceramic Tile: FCI provides ceramic tiling for flooring, kitchen backsplashes, and bathroom and shower tiles. The company has more than 140 ceramic tile options, including basketweave mosaic designs and unique shades of green and red.
- Hardwood Flooring: FCI sells luxurious natural hardwood and engineered wood flooring. You can browse by style, such as distressed and wire brushed, or by species, including hickory, maple, and oak.
- Laminate Flooring: The company offers hundreds of laminate flooring options as part of FCI’s more economical and eco-friendly catalog. FCI breaks down its custom laminate options based on lifestyle needs, with categories such as environmentally friendly, high-traffic, kids, and pets.
- Natural Stone: Stone floors add a unique and special look to any room. FCI offers the same designs and colors for its natural stone floor as its ceramic tiles. Natural stone provides an even more luxurious atmosphere.
- Vinyl: FCI has plank vinyl and laminate styles and helps you customize its vinyl floors with the exact color, texture, and wood grain you want. FCI offers so many customization options for its vinyl flooring that you can shop according to two installation styles, adhesive/glue or float/glueless.
Floor Coverings International Cost and Financing Options
Floor Coverings International does not publish sample pricing on its website. Instead, the company requires homeowners to request an estimate by scheduling an in-home consultation. This approach allows FCI to learn about your specific needs and give an accurate quote based on materials, style, project size, and your home’s layout.
To make the most of your Floor Coverings International purchase, take advantage of its price-match program. If a competitor offers the same flooring brands for a lower price, FCI will match it. In addition, ask your design specialist about FCI’s financing options. The company works with you to determine the best course of action if financing is needed. You can save money with Floor Coverings International when you book online.
Floor Coverings International offers a large catalog of flooring options paired with reputable installation services. The company’s personalized approach for each homeowner ensures you receive a custom flooring project tailored to your needs and your home’s style.
Though FCI has excellent offerings, we encourage you to reach out to at least three flooring companies that service your address. This approach lets you compare each provider’s flooring options and estimates. Use our tool below to start scheduling free quotes from flooring contractors near you.
Floor Coverings International FAQ
Does Floor Coverings International include a warranty?
Yes, Floor Coverings International includes a warranty for up to five years for installation and workmanship. In addition, much of FCI’s flooring comes with a manufacturer’s warranty, but it varies by product.
What is the hardest-wearing floor covering?
Overall, some hardwood flooring options are more durable and resistant to scratching than others. Ceramic tile and natural stone are hard-wearing, resistant to scratching and chipping, and less porous than wood floors.
Are there any downsides to natural stone flooring?
There are two main downsides to natural stone flooring: Natural stone flooring costs more than most other flooring materials, and it’s difficult to replace.