Affiliate Disclaimer: All products and services featured are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Moxie Pest Control offers generalized and targeted pest control treatments in 20 states. We’ve researched what matters most to residential pest control customers and created a ranking system to select the best pest control companies based on these factors. Our Moxie Pest Control review details how this provider stacks up to some of the most reliable names in the industry.
Fast Facts About Moxie Pest Control
- Pests covered: Ants, cockroaches, earwigs, fleas, mice, rats, silverfish, spiders, wasps, and many more
- 24/7 availability: No
- State availability: 20*
*Moxie Pest Control currently has locations in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Virginia.
Benefits and Drawbacks
Here are some benefits and drawbacks of choosing Moxie Pest Control:
Treats most common household pests
Is only available in 20 states
Offers a reservice guarantee for annual plan subscribers
Does not provide online quotes
Has specialty add-ons for general pest packages, including treatment for moles and voles
Services and Plans
Below, we’ve covered Moxie’s primary service offerings. Note that many services outside of the general pest package are not available in all locations.
- Bedbug treatments: Moxie recommends professional treatment for bedbugs to ensure total elimination of the infestation. It uses various techniques and specialized tools to exterminate bedbugs, which may include chemical or heat treatments.
- General pest package: Moxie’s general pest package includes treatment for more than 49 common household pests. This is an annual plan that requires signing a yearly contract. Moxie’s field experts will provide an initial home inspection and treatment, then provide quarterly treatments throughout the year.
- Mosquito treatments: This service treats exterior areas of your property for mosquitoes. Moxie focuses its treatments on high-moisture areas where mosquitoes breed to disrupt reproductive cycles and reduce or eliminate the mosquito population.
- Rodent exclusion: Rodent exclusion is a specialty service that Moxie offers in select locations as an add-on to its general pest package. This service involves the identification and sealing of entry and exit paths that rodents use to navigate through your home. When your Moxie pest control technician seals these pathways, typically using caulk, it helps prevent ongoing and future rodent infestations.
- Termite treatments: Termite treatments, along with mosquito and bedbug treatments, are not included in Moxie’s general pest package. Moxie first schedules a free termite inspection to investigate the infestation severity, the termite type, and the entry points in your home. It will then recommend a treatment plan using bait stations, liquid treatments, or a combination of both.
Moxie backs its general pest package with a reservice guarantee. This means Moxie will provide free additional services between scheduled visits if pests return or if the initial treatment is ineffective.
We contacted the Moxie Pest Control location in West Palm Beach, Florida, to ask about pricing for its general pest package. The sales representative explained that precise pricing would depend on the property size and the home’s square footage. They provided a rough estimate of $269 for the initial service and $169 for each quarterly follow-up visit as standard pricing for a 2,000-square-foot home.
The Moxie representative then offered us a discounted rate based on current promotional pricing. This came to $99 for the initial visit and $129 for each quarterly service. They also offered a free termite inspection.
We analyzed dozens of the most recent customer reviews on Google Reviews for various Moxie locations. Many customers were complimentary about Moxie’s customer service and professionalism. Others took issue with the company’s door-to-door sales teams, finding the marketing strategy too assertive.
“The gentleman was exceptionally pleasant, well-advised, and professional. You now have a loyal customer solely based off my experience thus far and your employee’s exceptional customer service skills! Telling a friend to tell a friend!” —Tajuana M via Google Reviews
“[The Moxie employee] went above and beyond helping me with all my pest concerns. There was an extremely bad wasp nest building up on the back of my house, and he made sure it was taken care of. He was thorough and extremely friendly. I would recommend his services to anyone.” —Patrick T via Google Reviews
“I had the same sales person soliciting at my house twice within 24 hours (when I had a no soliciting sign up). Also, they came at 9:15 p.m.—when my family was in bed—aggressively knocking on the door and ringing the doorbell. This is not a way to make a sale.” —Jenny L via Google Reviews
“They knocked on my door three times this afternoon. First, my son answered, then my wife answered, and then I answered the door. He challenged me when I said I have a recording on my Ring camera with my wife already saying we’re not interested. He went back to his tablet and said, “I’m not trying to be argumentative….” Really? I have this all on camera. Moxie needs to have employees trained in customer service.” —Brian S via Google Reviews
How Moxie Compares to the Competition
Here’s how Moxie compares to other top pest control services:
Based on our research, Moxie Pest Control is a well-regarded name in the industry and has treatment plans for a broad range of household pests. However, when considering all metrics of our methodology, we recommend Terminix and Orkin as our top picks for most homeowners. These two providers have availability throughout most of the United States. We recommend requesting quotes from three or more providers before signing a contract for a pest control service.
Moxie Pest Control FAQ
Does Moxie Pest Control use eco-friendly pesticides?
Depending on the pest service and the specific treatment strategy, Moxie does use some eco-friendly pesticides. Notably, it often uses Sentricon stations for termite control, a more environmentally friendly product than many similar pesticide applications.
How do I get a Moxie Pest Control quote?
To request your Moxie Pest Control estimate, you can fill out a form on the company’s website or call its sales number. Moxie will need your contact information and details about the size of your home before providing a rough estimate.
How long has Moxie Pest Control been in business?
Moxie Pest Control opened for business in 2001 and has grown to operate offices in 20 states.
How We Chose the Top Pest Control Companies
Our pest control research process starts with analyzing customer reviews on third-party websites such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Trustpilot, and Google Reviews. We then do a deep dive into each company’s website, service plans, and available cost information. We also secret shop the companies we review, reach out to representatives, and request quotes.
From there, we compile the information we’ve gathered and compare each company using our in-depth pest control methodology and review criteria. This process uses a series of factors that are important to our readers, and we score each company depending on how well they perform in each factor. For instance, companies that offer more guarantees for their service earned more points than others, and pest control plans with a larger range of covered pests earned more points than ones with fewer.
After analyzing dozens of residential and commercial pest control businesses through this process, we were able to determine the best pest control companies on the market.