3 Day Blinds has manufactured high-quality custom blinds, shutters, and other window treatments for over 40 years. The company offers custom selections and several safety options for pets and small children. Its generous color, pattern, and texture selection makes pairing your top name-brand windows with a stylish window treatment simple.
Our team reviewed leading window treatment companies to find homeowners’ best options. This 3 Day Blinds review explores the company’s product catalog, brand reputation, and more.
Fast Facts About 3 Day Blinds
- State availability: 39*
- Product options: Blinds, curtains, drapery, shades, and shutters
- Warranty: Limited lifetime
- In-home consultation available: Yes
*All but Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming.
3 Day Blinds Review
3 Day Blinds offers window coverings for any window type or size, helping homeowners find the perfect accents for their home design. 3 Day Blinds promises to ship your custom window treatments in three business days. The company offers free in-home consultations with local designers. You can choose a professional installation or take on this home improvement project yourself.
Although the company holds an A+* rating with the Better Business Bureau, it has mixed reviews. Some homeowners feel the company charges more than other window treatment companies. Some customers were successful in negotiating with sales staff for lower pricing. In addition, we found some reviewers reported customer support issues, particularly with delayed repairs and shipments.
*BBB rating accurate as of November 2023.
Benefits and Drawbacks of 3 Day Blinds
➕ Designs custom window treatments, such as blinds and drapery
➕ Offers free in-home consultations with local designers
➕ Provides professional and do-it-yourself (DIY) installation options
➖ Limits coverage for professional installations to one year
➖ Priced higher than other manufacturers, per customer reviews
➖ Received low review scores for poor customer service
3 Day Blinds Reviews
Our team analyzed 100 online customer reviews to understand 3 Day Blinds’ business practices and customer service. Positive reviews praised the knowledgeable sales reps and efficient installers. However, many homeowners experienced two-week or longer delays in receiving their products. We also found several complaints about the company’s unreachable customer care team and delayed repair process.
Here’s a sample of 3 Day Blinds reviews below:
“I thought that they were a little on the high end, price-wise. But I’m really happy with my blinds. They look great. They work great. They’re excellent. The installers were really good. The rep was really good in the beginning, but then I asked some questions through e-mail and phone and did not get a response back, so I was a little disappointed there.” —Judy via Best Company
“They were on time with everything. The person that came to talk to us was on time, the prediction that he gave us when the blinds would be ready was on time, and the installer did a good job and made sure they were hung correctly before he left.” —Kim via Best Company
“The person came to present what their products were, the process, all the different configurations, and how customizable it was. I like the products they have with regards to the materials they’re made of and their warranty.” —Diane via Best Company
“I have used them in the past, and they are good quality blinds. But they need to do something about their customer service department because there were some of my blinds that were measured wrong and were not correct. Some were damaged, and it took me almost two months to get it corrected..” —Kathleen via Best Company
“The time it took was way too long, the original order had an issue and I was not contacted. I never got a break on the price due to the time it took, which was at least 6 weeks. The blinds were very expensive compared to my first purchase..” —John M. via Best Company
“I have had the hardest time getting any customer service response since one of the shades I got installed in January had some cuts in it. I wrote customer service in February and still haven’t heard back, and when I call the wait times to speak with someone are longer than I have to wait.” —Shannon S. via Best Company
3 Day Blinds Window Treatments Available
3 Day Blinds offers an extensive selection of customized window treatments that fit any window size. The company includes manual and motorized selections and kid- and pet-friendly options. We’ve detailed 3 Day Blinds’ product selection below.
The company provides various living room, bathroom, kitchen, or den blinds. Here’s an overview of available options:
- Faux wood blinds: These blinds offer a real wood look but provide better resistance to high-moisture areas. You can choose from 34 finishes, four styles, and seven designs to create the ideal look for any room.
- Mini metal blinds: These lightweight blinds are made from rust-proof aluminum, offering long-term protection for your smaller windows. They provide precise light control and come in 20 different finishes.
- Vertical blinds: Made for larger windows and sliding glass doors, these window treatments come in vinyl and fabric with over 100 colors. There’s also a cordless style that’s safe for small children and pets.
- Vinyl blinds: Its selection of vinyl blinds offers low-cost, low-maintenance options for your home. Made from high-quality PVC, they also work well in areas with high moisture exposure, such as bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.
- Wood blinds: Its selection of natural wood blinds includes 18 finishes, seven design options, and three operating systems.
3 Day Blinds offers custom-made window coverings, including curtains and drapery. Its selection consists of hundreds of designs in various colors, textures, patterns, and fabrics. Drapery and curtain panel options vary from full-length layers for larger windows to valences for a touch of color. You can choose from five design options, such as room darkening and blackout selections. Additional options include 10 panel styles and motorized drapery for added convenience.
The company provides customized shades with options for motorized or manual operations. You can choose from the following shade options:
- Cellular shades: These shades, also known as honeycomb shades, offer the right balance of natural light and room privacy. They fit any window size and include coded, cordless, and motorized operating styles.
- Roller shades: This style offers more light control and can add a layered look when paired with other window treatment options. Choose a lighter shade to enhance natural light or room darkening options for maximum light control. The company offers seven design options and styles, plus a massive selection of colors, patterns, and textures.
- Roman shades: Its selection offers the most customization, with over 150 fabrics and five operating systems. Its catalog includes solids, patterns, textures, sheers, and blackout options.
- Horizontal sheer shades: These shade options offer privacy with the delicacy of a softer, sheer design. Choose from 33 styles, including light-filtering and light-dimming options, plus manual and motorized functionality selections.
- Woven wood shades: If you’re looking for texture accents in neutral colors, these shades could be your best option. These natural shades are made from organic materials such as bamboo, grasses, jute, and reeds and serve as excellent accents to any room decor.
- Simply sheer shades: Commonly known as zebra shades, this style uses two layers of banded fabric to create a more delicate window treatment. Choose from 34 light-filtering and room-dimming options, plus four operation styles, including traditional corded, cordless, or motorized options.
3 Day Blinds offers an excellent selection of indoor shutters that add classic styling to existing or new replacement windows. These made-to-order shutters include 12 design options for various styles, such as bi-fold, cafe style, and specialty designs for bay windows and French doors. Choose from various materials, such as hardwood and vinyl, and different operating styles.
3 Day Blinds Pricing
3 Day Blinds doesn’t offer online pricing since it provides custom window treatments and blinds. If you live in the Chicago area, visit the full-sized local showroom and work directly with in-store staff for a personalized quote. You can also visit the website to sign up for a free in-home design consultation and begin the quote process.
During your home visit, the Design Consultant will review your current decor and discuss style options. You can view sample materials and designs and get advice on which window treatments best complement your interior design. The salesperson will also take measurements and provide a same-day quote for your order. If you approve your quote, you can pay immediately and use your invoice number to track your order’s progress.
Partnering with GreenSky, 3 Day Blinds offers a financing program for qualified customers that includes 12 months of no-interest payments. This offer only applies if you pay your full balance within the 12-month time frame. We read the financing program details and learned that any remaining balance must be paid in 36 months and could include an APR between 17.99% and 24.99%.
3 Day Blinds Window Treatment Installation
The company offers two options for installation: professional and DIY. According to the 3 Day Blinds website, professional installations are available in most areas, though we recommend contacting the company to confirm installation services near you. If you opt for DIY, the company includes a product manual detailing the required tools and instructions.
All 3 Day Blinds items include a limited lifetime product warranty that covers:
- Lifetime coverage for operating mechanisms (other than motors and remote controls) and components
- Seven years of cords and ladders coverage
- Five years of fabrics, motors, and remote controls protection
- Lifetime protection for shutter components and workmanship
- Lifetime coverage for its Reserve™ shutter finishes
If you opt for a professional installation, you receive one year of coverage for product failures due to poor installation. However, DIY installations don’t receive that same coverage. The company does offer protection for normal wear and tear, warping, color changes that happen over time, and products that exceed its size recommendations.
To complement your home, 3 Day Blinds provides an excellent selection of custom window treatments. Although it promotes a three-business-day turnaround for most of its products, many customer reviews cite a much longer wait for custom orders. The company offers a solid catalog of new blinds, shutters, drapery, and shutters, making finding the right products for your needs simple. We recommend getting quotes from 3 Day Blinds and two other window treatment companies to find the best pricing for your budget.
3 Day Blinds FAQ
Is 3 Day Blinds the same as Next Day Blinds?
Yes, 3 Day Blinds is the same as Next Day Blinds. In 2020, Next Day Blinds ceased operation and closed its stores. The company now partners with 3 Day Blinds to serve its customers in Baltimore, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.
Does Hunter Douglas own 3 Day Blinds?
Yes, Hunter Douglas owns 3 Day Blinds. Hunter Douglas is a multinational corporation specializing in window coverings and blinds manufacturing.
Where is 3 Day Blinds headquartered?
The company is headquartered in Irvine, California, and 3 Day Blinds maintains locations throughout 39 states.
How We Chose the Top Window Brands
We researched and analyzed dozens of window brands. We then crafted a rating system based on each company’s product offerings.
We spoke directly to representatives at each company to learn how the installation process works and determine how each brand personalizes its windows and products. We also closely analyzed each company’s warranty options to ensure their product and labor guarantees match or exceed industry standards.
Finally, we assessed the manufacturer’s years of experience and customer reputation. In addition, we analyzed the 100 most recent Google Reviews for each provider across various locations and branches.