Affiliate Disclaimer: All products and services featured are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It can be challenging to find a reputable, reliable window installer with stylish yet high-quality windows. Some companies meet one or two of these criteria, but others, like Champion Windows, meet them all.
Champion Windows made it onto our list of best window brands thanks to its wide selection of high-quality, energy-efficient windows and comprehensive sunroom and patio services. This review breaks down Champion’s window options and services to help you determine whether it’s the right company for you.
Fast Facts About Champion Windows
- Founded: 1953
- State availability: 17*
- Warranty options: Limited lifetime warranty
- Price range: $400–$850
- Energy-efficient products available: Yes
*Available in Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin.
Champion Windows Reviews
We analyzed the 100 most recent Google Reviews for Champion Windows’ Ft. Worth, Texas, location and noted that 82% of the reviews were three stars or higher. Many customers praised the company’s friendly and knowledgeable staff, as well as its large assortment of window styles. Negative reviews found Champion’s warranty coverage confusing and mentioned challenges scheduling appointments.
Here’s what some homeowners had to say about their experiences with Champion Windows.
“Champion Windows hit a home run at our house today! [Champion] came out and helped us select the perfect windows for our home. [They were] thorough and patient, spent 3 hours with us, and answered every question we had (even multiple times to help us understand). I definitely recommend this company for windows and look forward to the amazing savings we will see with these highly efficient and beautiful-looking windows.” —Holly Norton via Google Reviews
“We closed in a 9-foot x 20-foot breezeway … with 5 windows, a door, and transom windows. Made this… a beautiful, usable area for any season. Had one minor issue with a half wall below the windows, which was addressed within a few days of calling them. Great customer service. Quality windows … love the double-hung feature. They have held up well [with] no leakage or fogging of windows. I would highly recommend using Champion for any project you may have!” —Cindy Pair via Google Reviews
“Several years ago, we enclosed our patio, and Champion did the work. We wanted traditional doors but were sold on the sliding doors. They are OK, still would rather have a regular door. The problem is the actual door handle to the sliding doors. They break after about 18 months of use. The doors and handles are covered under warranty, however, Champion charges us to install the new warrantied door handle.” —Tim F. via Google Reviews
“I had an appointment scheduled, [and] 20 minutes prior to the appointment, they texted me canceling. I rescheduled, and the person never showed up. After they were 1.5 hours late, I called and ‘canceled’ because I don’t want to do business with a company that can’t keep an appointment or call due to being late.” —Priscilla Murray via Google Reviews
Benefits and Drawbacks of Champion Windows
Below are Champion Windows’ key benefits and drawbacks.
➕ Has several Energy Star-certified windows
➖ Only operates in 17 states
➕ Offers comprehensive service options for sunrooms and patios
➖ Provides limited pricing information online, as cost varies by location
➕ Provides in-house installation and customized windows
Champion Window Types Available
Champion offers two lines for new windows and replacement windows. Its ColorBond aluminum window line uses nontoxic, heat-reflective materials to maintain cool temperatures inside without damaging your home’s exterior. This line has seven colors: adobe, black, bronze, Colonial blue, pebble, tan, and white.
Champion Windows’ TimberBond line offers custom wood grain finishes. These windows mimic the aesthetic of old windows, making them a great choice for homeowners looking to add character and charm. The line also uses technology that permanently bonds the window finish and frame to prevent blistering, peeling, and chipping. Wood options include cherrywood, dark oak, and English oak.
Here are the window styles Champion Windows offers, as well as its sunroom and patio options:
- All-season sunrooms: Champion custom builds sunrooms to match your home’s architecture and style. Options include custom-shaped windows and additional amenities, such as fans and lighting.
- Basement hoppers: These are small windows you install in your basement to increase natural light and airflow. They’re hinged at the bottom and open at the top.
- Bay and bow windows: Distinguished by their 3D shapes, these windows curve outward from your home. You can customize them by adding a box seat or ledge. Bay windows are angular, while bow windows are curved.
- Casement windows: This popular window style has a hinge on the side and swings open to the left or right via a crank. Casement windows are often placed in hard-to-reach areas, such as over a kitchen sink or in a bathroom.
- Double-hung windows: These windows are often found on higher floors and feature a movable sash—or the part of the window that holds the glass in place—at the top and bottom.
- Entry doors: Champion Windows manufactures a variety of entry doors to match your home’s style. The company offers 28 urethane paint colors in addition to nine finishes.
- Garden windows: Garden windows are perfect for your kitchen or breakfast nook. They protrude from your home, allowing you to grow plants and herbs.
- Glass block windows: Glass block windows are translucent, thick blocks of glass that allow light into the room but obscure the view. These windows are common in basements and bathrooms, balancing style and privacy.
- Patio and sliding doors: In addition to its patio and sunroom services, Champion windows offers sliding glass doors with fusion-welded corners and multi-chambered reinforced construction. This design results in a stronger, better performing patio door. The company offers four finish choices to match your existing door hardware, such as antique brass and aged bronze.
- Patio enclosures and covers: Champion can convert your existing patio into a screen room or sunroom.
- Picture windows: These oversized windows serve as floor-to-ceiling accents. They offer abundant light and can’t be opened, adding increased security.
- Screen doors: Champion Windows offers either contemporary pleated screen doors or a spring retractable screen door. These come in multiple neutral colors, such as brownstone and desert tan.
- Screen rooms: A screen room allows you to take in the beauty of the outdoors without pesky bugs bothering you. Champion customizes its screen rooms with additional options for lighting, doors, and flooring.
- Shaped windows: Shaped windows help you make a statement where standard windows might not work. Champion offers various shapes, such as half-round, round, eclipse, and trapezoids. You can also pick a grid pattern, including options for Colonial and burst styles.
- Storm doors: Champion offers three storm door series to add a durable yet stylish barrier for inclement weather. In addition to its standard and retractable storm doors, Champion offers Premium Series storm doors with extruded aluminum frames, color-matched expanders, dual weatherstripping, and designer screw covers to conceal unsightly mounting screws.
- Three-season sunrooms: Suited for use between spring and fall, Champion offers the same customization and services for its three-season sunrooms as its all-season sunrooms.
Champion Windows Energy Efficiency
Champion Windows provides eco-friendly, Energy Star-certified Comfort 365 Window Glass. This glass uses a specialized low-emissivity (Low-E) coating and insulating argon gas to block roughly 94% of harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. This design ensures your home stays cool in summer and warm in winter while letting in plenty of natural sunlight.
Champion Windows incorporates various other energy-efficient features on its windows, such as insulated glass, air-tight meeting rails, triple weatherstripping, an insulated pocket sill, and a weather-proofing composite lock. All these features provide additional insulation, reducing your energy usage.
Champion Windows Installation
Champion follows the same steps for all of its installations, listed below.
- Design: A Champion salesperson meets with you to discuss your window or home improvement project. The sales rep will help you choose and customize your window designs and provide a free quote.
- Build: The company handcrafts your windows in its manufacturing facility.
- Install: Once you’ve scheduled an installation date, Champion sends expert technicians to install your windows. These technicians also clean up the area before leaving. You receive a limited lifetime warranty covering any manufacturing or installation issues.
Champion Windows Pricing and Costs
Champion Window prices are limited online because costs vary by location, project scope, and the type of windows you order. Based on 2021 reports, you should expect to pay $400 to $850 per window for Champion Windows’ installation.
Champion Windows is an excellent window installer for high-quality, standard vinyl and aluminum windows. We recommend the company if you want to build or remodel a sunroom or patio. If you own a historic home or need wooden windows, you may want to consider a different window brand, such as Renewal by Andersen.
We suggest obtaining at least three quotes from reputable window installers near your address before making a decision. Use our tool below to schedule in-home consultations with Champion and other nearby window installers.
Champion Windows FAQ
Where are Champion windows made?
Champion makes all its windows at its 260,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Cincinnati.
Is Champion Windows a good price?
Champion Windows offers competitive prices for its quality. A single window can cost $400 to $800, which is higher than some competitors, but Champion makes many of its windows to order with high-quality materials such as aluminum and wood.
Do Champion windows include a warranty?
Yes, Champion Windows includes a limited lifetime warranty that covers installation, parts, labor, and materials. The company states that it will even replace windows that break from external events, such as a storm or rogue baseball.
Do Champion windows come with screens?
Yes, Champion includes a charcoal fiberglass screen with all its standard windows.
How We Chose the Top Window Brands
We researched and analyzed dozens of window manufacturers. We then crafted a rating system based on each brand’s standard and energy-efficient product offerings.
We spoke directly to representatives at each company to learn how the installation process works and to determine how each brand personalizes its windows for each home. We also closely analyzed each company’s warranty options to ensure their product and labor guarantees match or exceed industry standards.
Finally, we assessed the manufacturer’s years of experience and customer reputation. In addition, we analyzed the 100 most recent Google Reviews for each provider across various locations and branches.